Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Evolution of Lola || Maxi-Hair Vitamins: mini-Update

Hi there!
It's been 34 days since I started taking Country Life's Maxi-Hair Vitamins  as a part of my hair growth journey!
I wanted to follow up with you all monthly regarding this experience because I will be making my decision to continue or discontinue these brand of vitamins based off of  3 months of usage.
So... here's my update thus far.
I'm not overly impressed... yet.
From what I can tell my hair is maintaining its usual growth rate of about 1/4 to 1/3 of an inch a month. As I stated this is only day 34 so there's not much I expected to observe in this timeframe in regards to my hair. As such, I have been looking at my nail growth & strength.
This, however, is why I'm a little concerned.
At this point I see my nails growing, but my problem is that they have been chipping off fairly easily.
If this is any reflection of what my hair is doing... Lord have mercy!
Now let me be clear about something that I am almost certain may be contributing to my frustration.
My water intake sucks.
Up left; down right.
It sucks.
I'm lucky if I get in 16oz a day. Since I know this, I'm giving these pills the benefit of the doubt right now because my water intake will definitely skew my results. Which means it will screw me over if I don't improve it.
If you follow me on my Instagram then you may have seen that i not only popped in a protective style for a second there, I also just did a blow-out (picture posted). All these things can affect my length retention rate, but 'tis life & I'll note if I see an increase in breakage or anything.
That's what this is for anyways. Right?
Ok. I'll follow up next month as this journey continues
Wish me luck & please let me know your experiences with these or any other vitamins.
♡♥
-Benita (:

No comments:

Post a Comment