Sunday, August 1, 2010

Using Their Words To "Prove" Your Point Part II

I've continued with my attempt to make my argument against those who made stupid racism-enforcing arguments. I love my friends dearly, but... They should think more before they speak. Like me. lol

Argument #2:
Black people are a different race---said the White man when he decided we deserved to be in chains AND apparently the Black girl when she said that is why Black men choose to date/marry White women *rolls eyes at both*. But let me tell you why, very briefly.
First things first… Race was created as, not a way of “classifying”, but rather a way of segregating, isolating. I firmly believe that there is one “race”, the human race. All that other -ish is b.s. So when people make this argument I’m probably not going to agree.
What is race anyways? What does it REALLY mean? Are you saying I’m a different species because??? A different form of the same species?? I need to know how it works. Well, actually, I don’t because it’s irrelevant. Especially since there are only 3 classifiable races?? Yea, I’m not buying it, but I fill out the for checking “Black” because I know what it means to me and can only assume what it REALLY means to the people who check that stuff.

Argument #3:
If you give them the right tools, they still wouldn't know what to do with it---said the White man when he kept us in chains for paternalisms sake AND said the Black girl about reasons why Black people in lower SES areas don't deserve equal opportunities for education? Housing? Jobs? I'm not sure exactly what she was talking about, but as you can see, none of the fill-ins seem good. If the other people WITH the opportunities know what to do with it, what makes Black people so "incapable"?? This must feed into the Black people being a different race thing?? *rolls eyes at the ignorance again*

No comments:

Post a Comment