Monday, September 13, 2010

I'm Not Dead (:

It's kind of weird to me that I haven't blogged in almost a month. I move to Arizona and all of a sudden I am less... motivated to write about issues?? I don't know. I have been working on a few other pieces, but have not really had the desire to finish them. I was going to take this opportunity to write about my problem with Black people and our relationship with churches, but I will tackle that another day. I just wanted to take the opportunity to say that I'm not going away (well I DID go away, but I'm not going to stop blogging). I always wonder if anyone ever bothers to read my blogs... It doesn't really matter. I mostly do this to vent or say things that I think NEED to be said.

I'm still reading the MLK book I started reading in May(?), but I AM almost done. So when I start reviewing the notes I took on that, I should have some wonderful epiphanies to write about. I do just want to say, in reference to MLK, it is somewhat disheartening to think about how far we have not come since he died. It's a little sad to realize that so many of the issues Blacks faced then, still affect us now. And it is frustrating to see how ignorant people have remained. It's 2010 and a book from the the 1960s still rings true in pretty much EVERY way. BUT that makes me respect and admire MLK SO much more. It's a lot different reading hi thoughts than just being told about hos life. He was SUCH an awesome person. Just a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment