Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Natural Girl's Vent

I’m beginning to really… dislike when people say things like, “Going natural isn’t for everyone”. When really they just mean “everyone can’t pull off short hair or an afro”… as if that’s the only style choice we’re going for once we BC.
Like a temporary TWA is the goal during the transition (not knocking those who rock the short cuts).
Some of these women are out here rocking ragged relaxed hair that never makes it past the nap of their necks. But those of us who choose to go natural have to hear people comment on our short (& hopefully healthy) curly hair, simply because it’s curly AND short… For now.
I think that a lot of women who BC’d or transitioned can say that they weren’t necessarily happy with the length of their hair. The one thing you realize, however, is that the journey is only temporary & that means the length will grow out (if you take care of your hair). You learn to accept that the current situation may not be preferable, especially of you DO want longer hair, but the end makes it worth it. I guess people just don’t get that part yet?? I mean the reality is… If you don’t want to lose length… Transition. I just got annoyed with transitioning. Speaking of which… I was gonna BC this month (to retain my length), but clearly that didn’t work out.
Anywho… Comments like that just perturb me a little…


 [just a little something previously posted on my Tumblr]

No comments:

Post a Comment