Thursday, July 1, 2010

The "Crisis" of the Successful Black Woman

This was the first episode I watched of The Spark and I was HOOKED. I just love how she talks about the issues. I ESPECIALLY think that the last 3 minutes are DEFINITELY on point! I think it is SO necessary for women to spend time working on themselves. I've learned that I need to be comfortable being single before I even worry about being in a relationship. I'm only 22, settling down is not in the near future so I don't have to focus so much of my attention and efforts on pursuing a man. I think there are SO many women out there who go out based on trying to find a man or trying to find a potential boo. It's just ridiculous. So like Bansu said: "If you're right then, if a man DOES come around next week, you'll be even better" But YOU have to be right first. And like Tionna said" FIND A HOBBY!!" I think I'm going to do a separate blog on this issue soon because I am seeing that this is something that needs to be in the minds of so many Black women... So... Here's the episode. PLEASE watch it.

Watch more AOL Black Voices videos on AOL Video

No comments:

Post a Comment