Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"She's Pretty For A Dark Skinned Girl..."

Hey Guys!
Well, here I go again. In my attempt to learn a little bit more about Tameka Raymond, I decided to Google her and came across this wonderfully written article. The Title: "She's Pretty For A Dark-Skinned Girl..." I was immediately drawn to this title because I too have a darker complexion and I have heard that too many times, luckily, not targeted towards me. Either way, I have felt it. I have to agree with everything she has said. It is sad to bear witness to this idea that the closest thing to white is the closest thing to beautiful in the eyes of society. It has permeated and destroyed our community and it is always wonderful to hear someone speak about it. So I have posted the link to this article she has written for The Huffington Post last August. It is a must read. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment